Thursday, December 8, 2011

Feeling Lost in MOTHERHOOD?

I did!

I was married in '03, had my first baby in '04, bought a new house in '05 and had my second child in '06.  My world had drastically changed in a few short years.  And while marriage, and a move were both big deals.  Neither rocked my world the way motherhood did!

In 2009, both of my boys were in preschool and, for the first time in 5 years, I had 2 hours - on a regular basis - to myself!  Although those hours, during preschool, flew by, it was just enough time for me to notice... 

...Notice that I wasn't as happy as I thought I should be. 
...Notice I didn't know what to do with myself during those moments that I set aside for "me time". 
...Noticed my friends, my conversations and my interests had changed.


And I realized that I did know who I was anymore.  Motherhood had consumed the "Kim" in me.

So I set out to find myself.  Through a purposeful journey I began to become reacquainted with me - the "Kim-me".  And I felt so much more fulfilled - as a person, and as a mother.

And *BONUS* I found my passion for encouraging and teaching other moms how to not lose themselves in motherhood.

By taking what I gained from this life-changing purposeful journey and combining that with what I learned through my degrees in Family Studies (BA) and Education (MEd) I have developed a class to help other moms learn how not to lose themselves in motherhood.

If this sounds at all interesting to you - click below more information about the In Search of Me in Mommy class

The class starts in January and this is the CHARTER class - limited to only 16 moms - so, don't delay...sign up today!

:) Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment