Tuesday, August 16, 2011

No. 43 - Spend Time in Nature

In my 50 Ways for a Mom to Connect with her Authentic Self, number 43 is all about the outdoors!
Want to get all 50 ways?...just subscribe and get it for free!!!! Right over here :) ------>

I have found that I become more grounded, centered, and all around happier after I spend time in nature.  Today, Jeff and I and our boys spent the afternoon at the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo, one of the best zoos in the world!


It was a beautiful day and it was hard not to smile when the sun was shining, the boys were happy, and Jeff was taking the afternoon off to enjoy time with us.  Plus, how could I not feel wonderful when we were surrounded by...

Gigantic Gorgeous Giraffes

Enormous Elegant Elephants

Proud Polar Bear

 and Meerkat Mayhem!

But, my most favorite part of the day, were the moments we spent in the Butterfly Habitat!  After seeing mammoth elephants and long-necked giraffes, watching the butterflies was a delightful change-of-pace.  Each and every butterfly was stunning and beautiful!  (And, since I brought my camera with my new zoom lens...I was in CREATIVITY nirvana!)




It was a wonderful day!  And, for me, a huge reminder about how important spending time experiencing nature is for my happiness and well-being!

When was the last time you took time to notice the butterflies?

No comments:

Post a Comment