Monday, May 7, 2012

Day 128 - I'm NOT tired!

As I am writing this, my 6 year old, is screaming at the top of his lungs,
"I'm NOT tired!  I'm NOT tired!  I'm NOT tired!"

It is beautiful spring evening, the windows are open, and I am sure that neighbors in a four square mile radius can hear him! 

Clearly, my mother of year title has just been revoked!

This all started because my husband asked him to clear his dinner dishes from the table.  And suddenly, he was toooooooo tired to take his plate, cup, and silverware to the dishwasher (approximately five steps from the table).  He whined, moaned, and groaned about how tired he was. 

So I suggested he leave the room and go to the "fussy chair", until he was done whining, moaning and groaning. 

He promptly left the room, sat on the "fussy chair" and continued his noises, but louder. 

"I'm too tired!" 

"I'm TOOOOO tired!"

"I am SOOOO tired!"

So, I figured that he needed to go to sleep pronto.  I mean, if he is too tired to clear his dishes, then, obviously, it is bedtime. 

And, that is what I told him.  "Go to your room and get on your PJ's" I said.

Suddenly the tune changed - although it was still in the key of whine - and, presto, he is

"NOT that tired!"

Or so he tells me (and the entire 3 county area) at the top of his lungs.

Oh, the joys of motherhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment