Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Day 87 - 1987

On Day 87, I thought it was appropriate, since I graduated high school in 1987, that I'd blog about high school.

I am not the person who remembers about high school with these wonderfully, fabulous, fond memories.  Overall, high school was a fine, but, it wasn't "the best time of my life" - as it is so often billed.

However, my favorite part of high school was being in marching band - and a member of flag line.  I loved flag line!  Still to this day, hand me a broom, a rake, or a mop (a dry one) and I have the urge to twirl it and march.

It was so fun to learn the routines, work together as a team, and put on a show. 

During my senior year, we were lucky enough to march in the Tournament of Roses Parade in Pasadena, California.  And that was a big deal!

It was my first time...
on a plane
in California
at the Pacific Ocean
to be on national TV

And we got to...
go to Disneyland and Knotts Berry Farm
see the Spruce Goose and Queen Mary
hangout at Newport Beach
visit the Hollywood Bowl and Mann's Chinese Theatre
see Rodeo Drive and the Hollywood sign
And, of course... march the 98th Tournatment of Roses Parade!

It was an experience of a lifetime!
What was your favorite High School memory?


No comments:

Post a Comment