Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day 10 - Integrity

Perhaps I am a little slower than the average bear, but it wasn't until Graduate School, that I truly (or so I thought) comprehended the meaning a INTEGRITY.


I remember learning that INTEGRITY meant that I would keep my word and honor my promises.  In essence, I would do what I said I was going to do and that I meant what I said.   


And, I strive to life my life with INTEGRITY. 


Sometimes I succeed.  And other times I do not.  But the intention of INTEGRITY is always there, guiding me.


And then, the other day, it hit me like a ton of bricks.

My definition of INTEGRITY is severely flawed!


I thought that INTEGRITY meant that I would keep my word and honor the promises, that I had made to othersI had not considered those things that I had said or promised to myself.


(it took me a moment to digest this idea, so I repeated...)


I had not considered those things that I had said or promised
to myself!

(and then the blessed Aha Moment occurred...)


WOW!...something is VERY wrong with that!


And so, I guess, that if I really want to be a person with INTEGRITY (which I do), then I guess I am not only accountable to others, but also to myself.


Eek!  Suddenly, all the times that I have gone back on my word, or broken the promises that I made to myself, flood into my consciousness.  And I am scared!  Energized too...(but in a "Eek!" kind of way)!

But, you know, it's funny how when those Aha Moments happen, as hard as I try, there is no "undo" button available to click.  The Aha has happened and there is no turning back now.

So, my world is rocked as I incorporate my new definition of INTEGRITY into my life!

What has rocked your world lately?


2 comments:

  1. YOU ROCK MY WORLD, KIM!!! GREAT, GREAT, GREAT POST!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Les...THANKS! I happy to have rocked your world...LOL :) Kim

    ReplyDelete