Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day 26 - Courage


I have done a lot of thinking about COURAGE.  To me, courage looks like a lion - fierce and strong.  Or like a superhero - having special powers and wearing a red cape.  Courage, to me, often feels one of the last term that anyone would use to describe me.

But, recently someone called me COURAGEOUS.  And, I wondered what if COURAGE is something that even, me, a mere mortal could claim.

So I googled "COURAGE" and found these quotes that inspired me...

It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.
~E.E. Cummings

Courage doesn't always roar.
Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says
I'll try again tomorrow. 
~Mary Anne Radmacher

Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.
~Raymond Lindquist

Optimism is the foundation of courage.
~Nicholas Murray Butler


So...maybe my definition of COURAGE is too inflexible...  too unachieveable...  too exacting.

And perhaps, I am courageous...in my own, non-super hero way!

Do you own your COURAGE?



No comments:

Post a Comment