Saturday, February 4, 2012

Day 35 - My Posse

I have been crazy busy lately...  And, at times, it sucks!

I know, I know, you are breaking out your itty bitty violins for me to play me a pity party.

But before you don your instruments and play me a sob song, give me a minute.

I am not looking for sympathy.  Nor am I interested in whining about my crazy busy-ness.  I have made all the decisions to get me to this point.  And all (or at least most) of my busy-ness, is important, valuable, and choices that I have consciously made.

But the reality is that I am currently pulled in way more directions, than I would prefer.  And, I am just trying to keep my head above water.

This is one of those time when I need to call in my posse and find my strength. 

My posse?  You ask.  Let me explain.

The members of my posse include:

Mr. Pause - Amidst all the chaos of my busy-ness, taking a moment to step away from the all the madness is incredibly valuable.  Mr. Pause, helps me to remember to go for a walk, or take a bath, or just sit, for a moment, thinking of nothing at all.

Rah-Rah Cheerleaders - Instead of hibernating, hunkering down and hiding (something I do well, especially in times like this), it's time to call on my friends and family members who cheer me on and ask them for a pep talk.

Professor Prioritization - It is inevitable that stuff will fall through the cracks.  Ms. Prioritization helps me to be clear about and focus on the important tasks.  This way, hopefully, whatever falls will not be a big deal.

Worker Bees and Delegatees - Gather up helpers and take something(s) off my plate.  Delegate, Delegate, Delegate.  And, if someone says, "how can I help?", I need to remember to let them!

Miss Forgiveness - She is someone, I unfortunately, often forget to include in my posse...but when I do, life is SO much better!  Remembering to forgive myself for slip ups, mishaps, and mistakes is vital in keeping my sanity and reduces my stress level.

Ms. Sleep - Taking enough ZZZZs is crucial!  If I don't get enough sleep, I will be grumpy, pessimistic and will annoy myself so <beeping> much!

Captain Knowing - For me, knowing that I am doing the best that I can, and that I am doing what I am suppose to be doing right here and right now, is paramont in keeping my focus, and, more imporantly, my sanity.

Doctor Humor - Laughter is truly the best thing ever!  Finding humor in even the craziest situation is a key, for me, to keep perspective and have fun!

I am sure there are other members that I am forgetting...And, remembering to gather all members of my posse, at times like this is hard - really hard. 

But I have found, when I call upon my posse, and ask for help, I do better - so much better!

Who's in your posse?






No comments:

Post a Comment