Saturday, February 11, 2012

Day 42 - Science Factory Fun!

One of my goals this year is to value my time.  And, after a few weeks of craziness, yesterday afternoon, I decided that I needed to find something fun to do with my boys.  I knew that the best use of my time, right then, would be to spend it with Alex and Owen!

A friend of mine and her boys were registered for a class at a new place in town, called the Science Factory.  On a whim, I called to see if we could join in to the class and I was pleasantly pleased that, even though it was the last minute, they were able to accommodate us!
Alex, Owen, and their friend Sean, solving the great candy caper!
It was so much fun!  For just over an hour, we hopped on Scooby-Doo's Mystery Machine, headed to the lab, and investigated the great candy caper!  We got to be Shaggy, Fred, Daphne, and Velma and analyze the evidence that had been collected.  It was our responsibility, along with our other colleagues, to figure out which suspect was the candy stealing criminal!

We...
measured bite marks,
identified dirt samples,
tested blood types,
scrutinized hand writing,
examined fingerprints,
and inspected fibers.

Just like on CSI!

The boys had a blast!  With each new piece of evidence, they were curious and excited to learn!

It was perfect! 

And time well spent!




2 comments:

  1. Sometimes it pays to be spontaneous! I visited SF during an open house last year and it looked interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SKR...it was SO fun and the prices are incredibly reasonable! We are so glad we did it - my boys are still talking about it!

      Delete