Sunday, February 12, 2012

Day 43 - Keep Moving Forward.

Part of my promise for this year is that I would have a mini-theme each month.  At the end of January, I decided that I would work on incorporating more fruits and vegetables into my diet and that would somehow become my theme for February. 

But then, February arrived, and fruits and veggies did not.

Typically, at that point, I would just say F-it and label it (and perhaps myself) a failure.  And, since I have recently, been struggling to stay motivated and to make the changes and to keep all of my promises, it would not be uncommon for me to just quit everything and deem this whole thing - My Year Long Promise to Myself - a big fat failure.

But for some reason, this time, I have decided to respond differently.  I am not allowing myself to throw in the towel and instead, am choosing to continue on, even in the face of failure.

 "Why", I wonder...

Perhaps it is because I have this blog that is keeping me accountable.  Perhaps it is that I have committed to a year long "You Can Do Anything in a Year" Coaching group (Thank you Jamie and friends!).  Or perhaps it is because I am tired of trying and quitting.  Or perhaps it is all of these things and more.

Regardless, I just keep going and moving forward...
     even if I have just taken ten steps back.
     even if I have failed at something.
     even if it feels easier to just quit.
     even if the forward movement is less than an inch.
     even if I am tired.
     even if my forward movement takes a detour.

And, so, today I realized that, unbeknownst to me I have had a mini theme for this month! 

Yep...this month's Mini-Theme is to just


And, it is WAY more inspiring than any fruit or veggie!



No comments:

Post a Comment