Sunday, February 26, 2012

Day 57 - Me-time SELFISH? I think NOT!

Often when I take time for me. 
Yep, M.E. (OMG, can you believe the audacity I have??!!?)

I feel guilty. 

I feel selfish.

I think, "I should be doing laundry, or going to the grocery store, or washing dishes, or getting work done, or stripping beds, or helping out at the school, or..."  the list could go on and on.

And then, if I am lucky, I think about one of the most powerful mom-quotes I ever read...
 
 “As women, wives, and mothers, we seem to spend our lives pleasing others and thinking little of our own well-being. We take little thought for how we feel about ourselves and our self-fulfillment, and we neglect nurturing our relationship with ourselves.

If I didn't take time for me...a few months ago,
I would have missed the beauty right outside the door.

Though it sounds selfish to focus attention on yourself, the opposite is true. By developing a healthy and fulfilling relationship with OURSELVES, our other relationships with spouse, family, and friends will be improved.”
~Jenny Willardson




And I feel BETTER (and, if I dare, I feel justified and fabulous)!




No comments:

Post a Comment