Monday, February 13, 2012

Day 44 - Thankful for the Differences

Do you remember as a child laying on the grass and looking up at the clouds?

Did you see a cloud in the shape of a giant boat, or a galloping horse, or a fish, or a bowl of fruit?

Or did you see the clouds and easily identified which were the cirrus, stratus, and cumulus?


I was the boat, horse, fish and fruit finder, while I am pretty confident, Jeff, my husband, growing up 80 miles away, was the cirrus, stratus, and cumulus identifier.


Likewise, when I started this doodle, Jeff (who runs a printing company) saw ink scribbled on paper and could even identify what type of paper the marks were on.  And, I saw what the scribbles could become.



In some ways it is odd that we wound up together. We are so very different. Often I tease him about his random, useless (according to me) knowledge and, his curiosity about how things work, and his seriousness.  And he teases me about my quirks.

We have two very different personailties and perspectives.
We have two very different set of strengths and gifts.

Fortunately, most of the time, we appreciate each other and our differences.

And, that works for us.  Really well.  (most of the time).

So today, on the eve of Valentines day, I am thankful for those differences. 

What are you thankful for?




No comments:

Post a Comment